Xpert DIY: Brunch CurlsApril 3, 2016 9:42 pm
Sundays would be pointless without brunch. Now that rosé season is upon us, the quintessential weekend celebration has reached a new level of significance.
One can’t drink sparkling pink bubbly with just any old hairstyle. There has to be intention. It has to be ‘grammable.
Luckily, the Xtava Auto-Styler makes casual brunch curls a total breeze. All you need to do is prep your hair with heat protectant spray, then follow Olesia’s lead.
1. Begin by sectioning your hair into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Do this however is easiest for you; we recommend using a large, wide-toothed clip to keep hair you’re not working with out of your face. If your hair is not phenomenal at holding curl, you might want to spritz with a light coating of hairspray before you apply heat.
2. Starting at the end of one small section, clamp the curler about an inch from the tips. Leaving the ends uncurled will help keep the look casual and cool.
3. Hold the curler vertically rather than horizontally. This will give you more Victoria’s Secret body and less Shirley Temple bounce. Gently press the L or R button on the handle of the curler and let the Auto-Styler wind hair perfectly and evenly around the barrel.
4. Keep holding the L or R button until the curler has rotated nearly to the scalp (but be cautious not to let your skin come into contact with the heat!). Let the curl set on the heat for several seconds, then gently slip the Auto-Styler out.
5. If your hair is reluctant to curl, hold the curl once you have removed the iron and pin it against your scalp until you’ve finished your styling. Otherwise, gently unwind the hair and spritz with some hairspray. For an even more natural look, alternate between using the L and R as you work your way through your hair.
Now that’s rosé-worthy hair. Cheers!